Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Day 277/365

A week is a long time in poker. Countless times I have opened this blog this year, to put in my Tuesday entry, and have been absolutely blown away by looking at the prior post and thinking about how much things have changed since my last one. I guess it is one of the reasons I love this job; I can't sit still in life, the intense development, poker learning, bankroll swings and chaos make every day a new challenge and experience.

At the end of September I started to grow excited at the prospect of a new month. I had been a marginal winner in aiev for the past almost 100k hands, and felt like I was finally getting some confidence in my ploplo game. October 2 came (the first day of the month for me due to hem's timing issues), and I blasted out of the block with a $2k session. I ended up losing that all back later that day, but remained up a lot in aiev. The next day I shot 400plo and dropped another couple of k. Then on day 3 I basically broke even in aiev, but ran 12 bi under, and lost another $2400. I just felt like posting this as it's probably an extreme example of how plo can be. What's funny is that I'm actually making this post quite late on Wednesday, and today is my biggest of the year, by a decent margin (about +$5.2k so far), and now I'm pretty much back where I started and ready to start the October dream again tomorrow.

I'm not sure how much of this is rambly or interesting, but I do want to put a bit more effort in to my posts when I get a chance to as lately they have been mediocre at best.

In terms of the other important factor, vpp, I beasted out the early part of the week putting together a few 4k days, but then slacked off a bit later in the week with some 3k days. I ended up running 7k over pace and am now 47.5k behind. My goal right now still remains to get to 20k by the end of October, which requires just a little over 3.7k points/day. I have a mate coming up mid month for a day, but I still believe I can get there handily if I put the effort in. If I can get above that 20k mark at all, I will feel confident applying for jobs in November, so will also be doing some resume work this month.

Anyway, as always, the numbers:

$Poker = $58.568

VPP/Pace = 710,026 / 757,534

No comments:

Post a Comment